Litigation & Disputes Resolution
Our litigation team comprises Partner Kalev Crossland, Senior Associate Jesvin Boparoy and Senior Associate Shan Langston.
We deal with all forms of dispute resolution, from strategic advice on resolving problems to representing clients in formal court proceedings. We provide cost-effective, pragmatic and commercially astute advice to help you manage and minimise risk.
We have acted for liquidators pursuing directors for breaches of duties under the Companies Act 1993, and for banks and corporates in connection with debt recovery under personal guarantees. Liquidators have also sought our advice on corporate contractual obligations and options to recover company debts.
We have advised and acted for commercial landlords in a variety of lease disputes, and obtained freezing order relief in New Zealand on behalf of a UK client in connection with failed franchise arrangements.
Recently our team defended a director against allegations of negligence and personal liability in connection with property development projects.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH
- Commercial and contractual disputes
- Lease disputes
- Creditors’ remedies and debt recovery
- Employment disputes
- Company law, director liability and shareholder rights
- Insolvency – liquidations and receiverships
- Banking, commercial and company law
- Relationship property involving companies and trusts
- Family protection and wills claims
- Public Works Act compensation and disturbance cases
- Product liability
- Regulatory review (IRD, MBIE, SFO)
- Intellectual property